Volunteer With Us
To Get Started
Login or register at our volunteer site to view all of our currently available volunteer opportunities. Examples of some of the ways you can share your time with Luvin Arms are listed below!
Maintaining a safe and functional sanctuary is crucial for our mission. Areas around the sanctuary are constantly being maintained or built, all with the well-being of our residents and comfort and safety of our visitors in mind. Work days at the sanctuary can be scheduled for individuals, small groups, company days of service, and any combination thereof.
Projects Include, but are Not Limited to:
- Building fences/walls
- Building or maintaining new structures
- All ages are welcome to attend, but projects are oftentimes best suited for ages 12 and up. Volunteers under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Able to lift 30 lbs
- Hardworking and dependable
Getting out into the community and sharing the Luvin Arms message is a very important and valuable outreach opportunity for us, especially when it’s done by an outgoing person who isn’t shy about approaching the public to introduce them to what we’re all about!
- Helping set up at the event site
- Handing out stickers, brochures & literature
- Approaching and talking to the public about the Luvin Arms mission and programs
- Showing the provided virtual reality experience to the public
- Helping to break down/clean up after the event
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of farmed animals and plant-based living
- Hardworking and dependable/on time
- Comfortable speaking to various audiences
- Must be 16 or older. Volunteers under 16 may accompany a parent or guardian who is also volunteering.
We love getting a great group of people together and having fun on the sanctuary grounds! Hosted from time to time to celebrate a holiday, a big achievement like our Grand Opening, or to enjoy another community-centered activity, events at Luvin Arms require a big group of helping hands to make them a success! Roles may include check-in, helping at different activity stations, set-up or clean-up, and more. Volunteers should be 16 or older. Some community events may allow for volunteers under age 16 to accompany and volunteer with their parent or guardian.
Office/Special Projects Volunteers
Special projects pop up periodically around the Luvin Arms offices, and we are grateful for organized and friendly volunteers to turn to when we need an extra set of hands. These opportunities happen most often during the Mon-Fri work week, though some projects can be done remotely on your schedule.
Projects Include (but are not limited to):
- Document scanning and filing
- Data input
- Research projects
- Making phone calls on behalf of the organization
- Preparing mailers
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Reliable and punctual
- Age 16 or older (exceptions may be made for younger volunteers on a case by case basis and depending on project availability, provided that a parent or guardian is on-site during their shift)