Volunteer With Us
To Get Started
Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and Waiver to the right, and let us know if you’d like to learn more about any of the available Volunteer Opportunities listed below!
Visitor Center Attendants
During weekend tours, the Visitor Center in the Luvin Arms Compassion in Action Center is open for all sanctuary guests.
The Visitor Center is a place to convene, learn more about the Luvin Arms mission, share information on compassionate living, pick up some merchandise, and even experience state-of-the-art virtual reality!
- Opening and prepping the Visitor Center at 10am, before tours start (sweeping/dusting, making sure the displays look nice)
- Keeping waivers, compassion cards and everything on the white table looking neat and organized as tours come through
- When tours end at the Visitor Center, showing off all the alternatives to meat, dairy and eggs, and the collection of literature on animal ethics and compassionate lifestyle
- Handling all merchandise/money transactions on an iPad with a Square Reader
- If visitors come late to tours, radioing tour guides to figure out where the tour is and leading latecomers to the group
- Before and after tours, inviting visitors to try out the Virtual Reality headsets
- Closing up after tours are done for the day (sweep, make sure everything is in order,and close garage door by 3pm)
- Ordering literature from PCRM when we’re running low
Maintaining a safe and functional sanctuary is crucial for our mission. Areas around the sanctuary are constantly being maintained or built, all with the well-being of our residents and comfort and safety of our visitors in mind. Work days at the sanctuary can be scheduled for individuals, small groups, company days of service, and any combination thereof.
Projects Include, but are Not Limited to:
- Building fences/walls
- Building or maintaining new structures
- All ages are welcome to attend, but projects are oftentimes best suited for ages 12 and up. Volunteers under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Able to lift 30 lbs
- Hardworking and dependable
Getting out into the community and sharing the Luvin Arms message is a very important and valuable outreach opportunity for us, especially when it’s done by an outgoing person who isn’t shy about approaching the public to introduce them to what we’re all about!
- Helping set up at the event site
- Handing out stickers, brochures & literature
- Approaching and talking to the public about the Luvin Arms mission and programs
- Showing the provided virtual reality experience to the public
- Helping to break down/clean up after the event
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of farmed animals and plant-based living
- Hardworking and dependable/on time
- Comfortable speaking to various audiences
We love getting a great group of people together and having fun on the sanctuary grounds! Hosted from time to time to celebrate a holiday, a big achievement like our Grand Opening, or to enjoy another community-centered activity, events at Luvin Arms require a big group of helping hands to make them a success! Roles may include check-in, helping at different activity stations, set-up or clean-up, and more.
Compassion in Action Center (CAC) Cleaner
The Luvin Arms Compassion in Action Center hosts a variety of events each month, from cooking classes and yoga events to meetups, potlucks and more. Our volunteer CAC cleaner will help us keep the center looking its absolute best by giving it a thorough clean once a month. All cleaning supplies will be provided. Open to ages 14+.
- Sweeping inside the house and in the Visitor Center
- Wiping/scrubbing all surfaces (kitchen sink, countertop, microwave, stove, oven, window ledges, windows if needed, wood part of couch, mantle)
- Vacuuming & mopping, when necessary
- Making sure the kitchen counters are free of any clutter
- Making sure the whiteboard is clean and free of doodles or writing
- Checking to see if any of the windows need a wipe down from the outside
- Letting our team know when we are running low on cleaning supplies
- Enjoys keeping things clean and orderly
- Good at communicating with staff
- Attention to detail (yogis will be resting their faces on the floor)
- Hardworking and dependable
Office/Special Projects Volunteers
Special projects are always popping up around the Luvin Arms Compassion in Action Center office, and we’d love to have some organized and friendly volunteers to turn to when we need an extra set of hands. Great for a parent or someone who wants to get involved but not with the
heavy lifting/work involved in some of the more physical volunteer positions around the sanctuary. Some projects can also be done remotely!
Projects Include (but are not limited to):
- Scanning documents
- Data input
- Research projects
- Making phone calls on behalf of the organization
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Reliable and punctual
- Open to parents who need to bring their children
- Sun28Luvin Arms Animal Care Orientation10:00 am - 12:00 pm(1 spots available)
- Sun282018 Luvin Arms Volunteer Potlucks6:00 pm - 8:00 pm(33 spots available)
- Feb03Volunteer Work Days at Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary8:00 am - 5:00 pm(5 spots available)
- Feb03Luvin Arms Animal Care Orientation10:00 am - 12:00 pm(2 spots available)
- Feb11Youth Volunteering at Luvin Arms12:30 pm - 3:30 pm(0 spots available)
- Feb17Volunteer Work Days at Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary8:00 am - 5:00 pm(6 spots available)
- Feb18Luvin Arms Animal Care Orientation10:00 am - 12:00 pm(12 spots available)